Season’s greetings! Christmas is one of my favourite times of year; and we’d like to wish all of our customers, friends and families a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The presents are wrapped, the food bought and my Christmas jumper is ready for another year of festive celebrations.
To help you get in the Christmas mood (the big day is only 2 days away!) I’ve come up with the top 10 ways to get in the Christmas spirit; there’s simply no room for any ‘bah humbugs’ this year…
1. Top of the tree is Christmas music, let the festive spirit fill your house or car with some classic Xmas tunes. Whether that be Mariah Carey, Slade, The Pogues – the choice is yours.
2. Get crafty and make some Christmas ornaments. Your children will get excited when they see their handmade decorations hanging on the tree; a great option for those on low budgets too.
3. Say hello to Santa Claus. Nothing says ‘Christmas is coming’ like Santa Claus, he’s most likely to be found at your nearest shopping centre in the run up to Christmas Day.
4. Putting up your Christmas lights is a sure-fire way to spread the festive cheer for your neighbourhood. Everyone loves a bit of sparkle.
5. Elf would have to be my favourite Christmas film and watching a marathon of Xmas films would certainly raise a smile and make you feel all warm inside. Honourable mentions must go to Home Alone, The Grinch and The Muppet’s Christmas Carol too; plenty of options here to fill an evening or two in front of the tele.
6. Making some Christmas food will make you feel Christmassy; an early mince pie (or three) always goes down well in the run-up to Christmas Day.
7. Going for a crisp, winter’s day walk with family or friends is a tradition for some because it’s a nice way to get everyone together and who knows, you could stumble across a public house on your back (a Christmas tradition of another kind…)
8. Wear your Christmas jumper with pride; be fashionable and festive at the same time. If you want to really stand out, wear a fluffy Christmas hat indoors too.
9. Hot drinks and warm fires in front of a fully decorated Christmas tree is a favourite Christmas memory from years gone by.
10. Christmas is the season of silly games and family fun; so playing a light-hearted board game or putting your knowledge to the test in a Christmas Quiz is well worth a place in our top ten.
December 23rd 2015