Terms & Conditions
Effective from 19th December 2017.
Feather & Black is the trading name of Hilding Anders Holdings Limited. The registered office of Feather & Black is Oak House, Tanshire Park, Shackleford Road, Elstead, Surrey, GU8 6LB. Registered in England.
Company Registration No. 02673742. VAT Registration No. 283661579.
Our store staff have no authority to vary these terms and conditions of sale. These Terms & Conditions are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Beds and Mattresses are sold separately. All bed prices shown do not include a mattress.
- Wood reacts to sunlight and changes in temperature and humidity which can also cause solid wood to warp or split. Leather may not be uniform in colour or texture and may show natural marks and scars on the hides. Leathers and fabrics may fade with exposure to direct sunlight.
- All measurements are rounded up to the nearest whole centimetre. Every care is taken to ensure all measurements are correct at the time of publication. Mattress sizes can vary slightly from dimensions given when new but will spread to full size with use. Our mattresses are made to order and are handmade so there is a 2cm tolerance on all dimensions.
- Our pricing includes VAT and we reserve the right to adjust VAT if it changes. Prices are correct at the time of publication. In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order.
- If you find the same bed or furniture selling for less in another high street shop in the UK we will match the price. We don’t price match against online only companies.
- All of our furniture comes with a 2-year construction guarantee. The guarantee period on our mattresses vary from 3-10 years depending on the mattress model purchased. Guarantees exclude goods purchased from our clearance sections or ex display items. This guarantee does not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods.
- The 100 Night Trial only applies to mattresses with an advertised pocket spring count of 3000 and above which have been purchased from one of our showrooms. You must have tried the selected model at the showroom where you made your purchase and have followed the individual advice from our sales team who will guide you in your selection. You must have purchased and used a Feather & Black mattress protector on the same order. The 100 Night Trial may only be invoked by the original purchaser between 30 and 100 days after delivery of the mattress. Proof of purchase is required. The 100 Night Trial does not apply to purchases that are made either on the internet, by phone, from clearance or ex display, for bespoke sizes, or mattresses that have become defective due to misuse, wilful damage, accidental damage, neglect or general wear and tear. We reserve the right to refuse the exchange if the mattress is not in a re-saleable condition. A collection fee of £59 will apply in respect of the original mattress together with a £59 delivery charge for the replacement mattress. The 100 Night Trial is limited to one exchange only for an alternative tension of the same mattress model and size. If the model is no longer available, we reserve the right to substitute a suitable alternative. Should you wish to upgrade, the additional cost will be your responsibility.
- Our guarantees only apply to goods delivered to mainland UK. If the goods are removed from mainland UK and you wish to claim under the terms of the guarantee, you will be responsible for any additional shipping costs.
- We cannot accept cancellations or amendments to any 'Handmade For You' items once an order has been placed. Please note, that we cannot accept any cancellations for any delays that may occur that are out of our control.
- We can accept cancellations or amendments for stock items, up to 48 hours before agreed delivery date. Within 48 hours of agreed delivery date, charges will apply.
- For all online orders, payment is due in full, for all products, at the point of sale.
- In store, all ‘in stock’ items and any orders under £1000, require full payment at the point of sale. Orders over £1000 with a ‘lead time’ have the option of full payment or a minimum 30% deposit at the point of sale. We do not accept cash deposits. If a deposit is placed, the remaining balance will become due when requested, which could be up to 3 weeks before the date advised on your order confirmation. We reserve the right to amend the payment request date where circumstances dictate. Please allow up to 14 days from the later of the final payment date or the date advised on your order confirmation for delivery to take place.
- We cannot book the delivery date for your order until, all goods are received in the warehouse and full payment has been received or finance has been approved.
- For all methods of payment, once payment of the order has been received in full by us, ownership of the product passes to you, the customer. However, we remain responsible for the product until delivery.
- Orders where the balance has not been paid within 2 weeks from the payment request date are liable to cancellation. In these cases, we reserve the right to retain your deposit (applies to in store orders only).
- By making a payment against an order you are deemed to have accepted our Terms & Conditions.
- Furniture Delivery & Returns
- We provide an estimated delivery time that will be stated on your order confirmation. While every effort is made to meet the date delays can occur that are beyond our control. Where this happens, we will keep you informed.
- Our delivery charges are for mainland* England, Scotland and Wales, based on delivery in our standard size vehicles. Deliveries that require a small van for access will attract a special charge regardless of any promotion at the time of purchase and must be requested at the point of ordering. If you have chosen our in-home assembly service, it is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery vehicle has somewhere to park outside your property, for the duration of the furniture assembly. Please note that this can be up to 1.5hours per item. It is your responsibility to ensure you make us aware of any restrictions which will affect your order being delivered to a room within your property. This includes, but is not limited to, door dimensions, staircases and lifts. If we are unable to deliver your in-store order due to access restrictions which you have not made us aware of the goods will be returned and refunded, however you will still be liable for the delivery charge and we reserve the right to make a deduction to cover our re-stocking costs. We require 48 hours’ notice for cancellation of delivery/assembly/recycling service to avoid further charge’s being applied and if you are not at the property for a pre-arranged delivery, a re-delivery charge will be payable before a new date can be booked. *Certain post codes in remote areas will attract an additional charge and may take a little longer, details available on request.
- Our standard delivery no longer includes delivery to room of choice with unpacking and removal of all packaging materials due to COVID-19, instead only delivering to the threshold of your property with crews unable to take away packaging materials. Our in-home assembly service is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19, please contact Customer Services for further information regarding this.
- Whilst we normally offer environmentally-friendly divan bed and mattress recycling, this service has been suspended due to COVID-19. This is a chargeable service and can be added or requested up to 48 hours prior to the agreed delivery date. We will only recycle up to the equivalent of what we are delivering to you, at the same time. Mattresses are to be clean and uncontaminated. We reserve the right to refuse any item we believe constitutes a health and safety risk to our employees or anyone working on our behalf.
- Our delivery partners will arrange delivery of your goods with you personally and do their best to accommodate specific requirements.
- Your room of choice must be clear and we cannot move or dismantle existing furniture. Please do not dispose of your old bed or mattress until your new one arrives as we will not be accountable should you be left without a bed or mattress. Due to COVID-19, our current delivery service is door drop only.
- On receipt of your furniture or mattress, it is important that you fully check that all items are in good condition. You will be asked to sign to confirm this. In the event that a fault is discovered, you should notify us immediately.
- Due to challenges with courier collections (and with our stores temporarily closed at the moment), we're extending our return timelines. If you are not happy with your furniture please do your best to notify us within 14 days of receipt and we will arrange for a collection and refund, provided the goods are undamaged and packed with the original packaging. This does not apply to goods purchased from clearance or ex display. Collections will be arranged once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. All refunds must be made to the original method of payment. We will not refund delivery charges for orders placed or assembly charges and a collection charge of up to £59 will apply. There will be a dismantling charge equal to the original assembly where applicable. For hygiene reasons, mattresses cannot be returned once the packaging has been removed unless faulty (other than those purchased on our 100 Night Trial). Mattresses purchased online or over the phone should be tried with the packaging on. 'Handmade For You' items, including mattresses cannot be returned or refunded.
- We cannot drill into your walls to attach fixings such as wall mounted headboards, wall straps on storage units etc.
- We only deliver within the UK, currently excluding the Channel Islands due to COVID-19. However, if you would like to ship our goods overseas, we can deliver to a UK based shipping company. You must appoint someone that you trust to sign for the goods on arrival to the shipping company, to ensure they check for any damages. We will be unable to act on any reports of damages once the items reach the final destination.
- All furniture and mattresses must be delivered into your home within 3 weeks of you being contacted to arrange delivery. A non-refundable fee of £100 per week will be charged where we have been unable to agree delivery with you within the 3-week period.
- Orders that remain undelivered for longer than 8 weeks after you have been contacted to arrange delivery are liable to cancellation. We reserve the right to retain 50% of the order value plus accrued storage fees.
- Linen & Accessories Deliveries
- Delivery charge to mainland UK is £4.95 on bed linen, bedding, cushions, throws, lighting and accessories. For Standard Delivery (Monday to Fridays only), please allow 5 days for delivery.
- We can quote separately for deliveries to non-mainland UK.
- Delivery of linens and accessories will be undertaken by our courier service and this will be a contact-free delivery to your door, with no unpacking.
- You have 14 days to notify us of your intention to return unwanted items. Unless faulty, we expect all items returned for refund to be returned to us with their original packaging. We will not refund delivery charges for orders placed and a collection charge of £4.95 will apply.
- Gift Voucher T&C’s
- Purchasing Gift Vouchers:
All gift vouchers are valid for 1 year from purchase date. We are unable to accept returns, provide refunds or exchanges on gift vouchers and we cannot replace lost or stolen vouchers. Promotional codes are not valid on purchasing gift vouchers. Gift vouchers cannot be purchased using gift vouchers as a payment method. Gift vouchers are only available as physical copies – we do not provide email or e-vouchers. Gift vouchers purchased on the website and over the phone will be sent out using a signed for, first class delivery service and will usually be dispatched within 48 hours. If gift vouchers are purchased alongside other products, the vouchers will be dispatched separately.
- Redeeming Gift Vouchers:
If the gift voucher is being redeemed in store, the customer will need to present the physical gift voucher at point of sale – we will not accept a photograph of the voucher. If the gift voucher is being redeemed online or over the phone, the unique code will need to be entered into checkout. No cash change will be given on gift vouchers but they can be used more than once, until the remaining balance is used. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed against existing orders.
- Force Majeure Events
A Force Majeure Event includes any event, act, accident or omission beyond our reasonable control preventing us from fulfilling our contractual obligations in fulfilment or delivery that we could not have foreseen, or if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable. This may include (but is not limited to):
i) Strikes, go-slows, lock-outs, or other industrial action
ii) Acts or threats of terrorism, civil commotion, riots, invasions or hostilities (whether declared or not)
iii) Acts of God, such as inclement weather, floods, storms, fire, earthquakes, subsidence, epidemics or other natural disasters
We will not be liable for failure or delays caused by Force Majeure Events outside our reasonable control. Our contractual obligations will be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for the duration that such an event is active. Should a Force Majeure Event continue for a period of time in excess of 6 months, then either you or we may have the right to terminate any contract that exists between ourselves without any further liability apart from providing you with a refund if you have not received your order.
Promotional Terms & Conditions
All promotional codes exclude existing orders, Hypnos pillows, Teramo range, well bases, bundles, clearance and ex-display items. Not applicable in conjunction with any other offer – unless stated otherwise