Terms & Conditions
Feather & Black and The Iron Bed Company are trading names of Feather & Black Limited. The registered office of Feather & Black Limited is Ravenstone Hall, Ashby Road, Ravenstone,
Leicestershire, LE67 2AA. Registered in England. Company Registration No. 5605548. VAT Registration No. 870 6384 07.
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Beds and Mattresses are sold separately. All bed prices shown do not include a mattress.
- Wood reacts to sunlight and changes in temperature and humidity which can also cause solid wood to warp or split. Leather may not be uniform in colour or texture and may show natural marks and scars on the hides. Leathers and fabrics may fade with exposure to direct sunlight.
- All measurements are rounded up to the nearest whole centimetre. Every care is taken to ensure all measurements are correct at the time of publication. Mattress sizes can vary slightly from dimensions given when new but will spread to full size with use. Our mattresses are made to order and are handmade so there is a 2cm tolerance on all dimensions.
- Our pricing includes VAT and we reserve the right to adjust VAT if it changes. Prices are correct at the time of publication. In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order.
- If you find the same bed or furniture selling for less in another high street shop in the UK we will match the price. We don't match the price against online only companies.
- All of our furniture comes with a 2 year construction guarantee. The guarantee period on our mattresses vary from 3-10 years depending on the mattress model purchased. Guarantees exclude goods purchased from our clearance sections or ex display items. This guarantee does not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods.
- The 100 Night Trial only applies to mattresses with an advertised pocket spring count of 3,000 and above which have been purchased from one of our showrooms. You must have tried the selected model at the showroom where you made your purchase and have followed the individual advice from our sales team who will guide you in your selection. You must have purchased and used a Feather & Black mattress protector on the same order.
- The 100 Night Trial may only be invoked by the original purchaser between 30 and 100 days after delivery of the mattress. Proof of purchase is required. The 100 Night Trial does not apply to purchases made either on the internet, by phone, from clearance or ex display, for bespoke sizes or mattresses that have become defective due to misuse, wilful damage, accidental damage, neglet or general wear and tear. We reserve the right to refuse the exchange if the mattress is not in a re-saleable condition. A collection fee of £50 will apply in respect of the original mattress together with a £50 delivery charge for the replacement mattress. The 100 Night Trial is limited to one exchange only for an alternative tension of the same mattress model and size. If the model is no longer available, we reserve the right to substitute a suitable alternative. Should you wish to upgrade, the additional cost will be your responsibility.
Our guarantees only apply to goods delivered to mainland UK. If the goods are removed from mainland UK and you wish to claim under the terms of the guarantee, you will be responsible for any additional shipping costs.
- We can accept cancellation for stock items at any time up to delivery.
- We can amend your order, including your required delivery date during the first 14 days after the order has been placed. After this time we cannot amend your required delivery date or accept cancellation of special order products.
- For all orders where the expected delivery is 4 weeks or less, payment in full is due at the point of sale. For orders where the expected delivery is greater than 4 weeks, we require a minimum deposit of 30% at the point of sale. The remaining balance will become due when requested, which could be up to 3 weeks before the date advised on your order confirmation. We reserve the right to amend the payment request date where circumstances dictate. Please allow up to 14 days from the later of the final payment date or the date advised on your order confirmation for delivery to take place.
- We offer finance options (licensed credit brokers, subject to status). Finance agreements expire after 90 days so delivery must take place within this time. When using our finance option, the deposit at the point of sale is 10% on stock items and 30% on special order items.
- We cannot book the delivery date for your order until, all goods are received in the warehouse and full payment has been received or finance has been approved.
- For all methods of payment, with the exception of Feather & Black credit facilities, once payment of the order has been received in full by us ownership of the product passes to you, the customer. However we remain responsible for the product until delivery. Ownership of product taken on Feather & Black credit facilities passes to you the customer on receipt of payment from the relevant finance company following delivery.
- Orders where the balance has not been paid within 2 weeks from the payment request date are liable to cancellation. In these cases, we reserve the right to retain your deposit (applies to in store orders only).
- By making a payment against an order you are deemed to have accepted our Terms & Conditions.
- Furniture Delivery & Returns
It is important that you check whether the goods will fit into your property before ordering - please use our handy measuring guide or contact us for more information.
- We provide an estimated delivery time that will be stated on your order confirmation. While every effort is made to meet the date delays can occur that are beyond our control. Where this happens, we will keep you informed.
- Our delivery charges are for mainland* England, Scotland and Wales, based on delivery in our standard size vehicles. Deliveries that require a small van for access will attract a special charge regardless of any promotion at the time of purchase and must be requested at the point of ordering. It is your responsibility to ensure you make us aware of any restrictions which will affect your order being delivered to a room within your property. This includes, but is not limited to, door dimensions, staircases and lifts. If we are unable to deliver your in-store order due to access restrictions which you have not made us aware of the goods will be returned and refunded, however you will still be liable for the delivery charge and we reserve the right to make a deduction to cover our re-stocking costs. We require 48 hours’ notice for cancellation of delivery/assembly/recycling service to avoid further charge’s being applied and if you are not at the property for a pre-arranged delivery, a re-delivery charge will be payable before a new date can be booked. *Certain post codes in remote areas will attract an additional charge and may take a little longer, details available on request.
- Our standard delivery includes delivery to room of choice with unpacking and removal of all packaging materials. We can provide full assembly for beds and wardrobes where this service is requested and paid for. We will only accept the return of stock items in the original packaging. Special order items cannot be returned unless faulty.
- We offer environmentally friendly bed and mattress recycling. This is a chargeable service and can be added or requested up to 48 hours prior to the agreed delivery date. We will only recycle up to the equivalent of what we are delivering to you, at the same time. Mattresses are to be clean and uncontaminated. We reserve the right to refuse any item we believe constitutes a health and safety risk to our employees or anyone working on our behalf.
- Our delivery partners will arrange delivery of your goods with you personally and do their best to accommodate specific requirements.
- Your room of choice must be clear with enough space to work in. We cannot move or dismantle existing furniture. Please do not dispose of your old bed or mattress until your new one arrives as we will not be accountable should you be left without a bed or mattress.
- On receipt of your furniture or mattress, it is important that you fully check that all items are in good condition. You will be asked to sign to confirm this. In the event that a fault is discovered, you should notify us within a reasonable time.
- If you are not happy with your furniture please notify us within 14 days of receipt and we will arrange for a collection and refund, provided the goods are undamaged and packed with the original packaging. This does not apply to goods purchased from clearance or ex-display. All refunds must be made to the original method of payment. We will not refund delivery charges for orders placed in store or assembly charges and if you would like us to collect the item, a collection charge of up to £50 will apply. There will be a dismantling charge equal to the original assembly where applicable. We will not refund special order items, unless the items are faulty. For hygiene reasons, mattresses (other than those purchased on our 100 Night Trial) cannot be returned once the packaging has been removed unless faulty. Mattresses purchased online or over the phone should be tried with the packaging on.
- We cannot drill into your walls to attach fixings such as wall mounted headboards, wall straps on storage units etc.
- All furniture and mattresses must be delivered into your home within 3 weeks of you being contacted to arrange delivery. A non-refundable fee of £100 per week will be charged where we have been unable to agree delivery with you within the 3 week period.
- Orders that remain undelivered for longer than 8 weeks after you have been contacted to arrange delivery are liable to cancellation. We reserve the right to retain 50% of the order value plus accrued storage fees.
- Linen & Accessories Deliveries
- Delivery to mainland UK is free on bedlinen, bedding cushions, throws, lighting and accessories for orders over £50. For orders under the value of £50 the delivery charge is £3.95.
- Standard Delivery (Monday to Fridays only), please allow 5 days for delivery.
- We can quote separately for deliveries to non-mainland UK.
- Delivery of linens and accessories will be undertaken by our courier service will only be delivered to your door and not unpacked.
- You have 14 days to notify us of your intention to return unwanted items. Unless faulty, we expect all items returned for refund to be returned to us with their original packaging.
- You can take your items, together with proof of purchase, to any of our stores where we can process your refund or exchange. If you do wish to exchange an item, we recommend calling the store first to make sure they have stock of the item you would like to exchange for. If you cannot get to a store, please call the Customer Service team on 01243 380 600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the goods are received and are confirmed to be unused and with their original packaging, we will issue the refund. Please allow 14 days for us to process your refund once the goods have been received by us.
- The warranty on duvets & pillow covers manufacturing faults only and the warranty period varies depending on the item purchased.Ex display & clearance items are excluded.
Variation of Terms
Our store staff have no authority to vary these terms and conditions of sale. These Terms & Conditions are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights
These Terms & Conditions are valid from 28th August 2016.