How to: Clean your bedding
Every time we sink into bed at night, we lose up to a litre of sweat and shed millions of skin cells, so cleaning your bedding regularly should be top of everyone’s to-do list. Try following these simple tips for the best bedding results:
- Aim to wash your duvets every 2-3 months
- If there is a stain on the duvet, shake the feathers away (if you have Natural bedding) from the area and treat the stain before you pop it in the washing machine.
- Drying duvets in the sunlight will kill micro-organisms, in the winter try running a warm iron over them to kill any remaining bacteria once they’re dry.
- Washing at a temperature setting of 60 degrees will kill most bacteria.
- Enjoy fluffy pillows by popping them in the dryer once a week for a quick spin and to remove dead skin and moisture from the pillow.
Would you say you washed your bedding regularly enough? Once you know that you’re killing bacteria and dustmites, you’ll want to wash your bedding every day!
Feather & Black.
October 24th 2016