How to: Keep warm at night
The chill is about to set in but, fear not, we’ve collected some of the best ideas on how to keep yourself warm at night.
- Wear night clothes such as pyjamas or a large T-shirt to keep you warm. Natural fibres such as wool, cotton or silk will keep you warmer than synthetic materials.
- Have a warm bath just before you go to bed. This will gently warm and relax you to help you feel sleepy.
- Have a warming, milky drink before you go to bed.
- Keep the bedroom warm, but not too hot, and free from draughts.
- Choose a duvet with a high tog rating. Or layers will trap warm air and are easily removed if you get too hot.
- A hot water bottle is an ideal way to keep warm once in bed. Make sure it has a cover on it to avoid scalding and also so that it won’t feel cold in the middle of the night. Electric blankets are ideal.
Have you got any other home remedies? Let us know on our Twitter page.
See you soon,
Feather & Black.
November 18th 2016